RejûvaSil® Silicone Scar Gel has more effective ingredients than any other liquid silicone products and at a much more affordable price. We use the following ingredients to maximize the product's effectiveness: Silicone, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate. (Vitamin C in a stable form), Emu Oil and Squalane (Derived from Olives).
RejûvaSil® is used to improve the appearance of surgical and traumatic scars (including normal post-op scars, hypertrophic scars, and keloid scars) and burns.
RejûvaSil® dries to a thin semi-occlusive film on the skin promoting a moisture barrier. This barrier supports the mechanism of action, which includes hydration and occlusion.
RejûvaSil® dries quickly, is odorless, non-greasy, non-tacky, and has a pleasant satin-like texture. RejûvaSil® is discreet, often unnoticeable, and both sunscreen and makeup can be applied once dried.
- Reduces the appearance of scars – RejuvaSil is a topical scar gel that enhances the natural scar healing process to soften and flatten raised scars and reduce redness and discoloration of surgical and traumatic scars.
- Relieves itchiness and discomfort – A soft, gentle silicone gel that provides instant relief for itchiness and discomfort associated with scar healing. The unique formula soothes the skin while the scar heals.
Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tetrahexyldecyl.
The main types of scars are normal postoperative, contractures, keloid, hypertrophic, and atrophic.
- Postoperative Scars are the normal process of scarring after an operation. For about six weeks after surgery the scar becomes red, firm, and hard. Without proper care this scar could mature to become thickened and most likely get worse. We highly recommend you start caring for the scar at this stage to see the best results.
- Hypertrophic scars are raised and red in that are similar to keloids with much less height, under 4mm. Treatment of hypertrophic scars include steroid injections or silicone gel and/or sheeting, which flatten the scar.
- Keloid scars are significantly raised on the skin, over 4mm in height and are most common among people with dark skin. Treatments include steroid injections, surgery to remove the scar, or silicone gel/sheeting.
- Contracture scars tighten skin, which can impair your ability to move. They may also go deeper, affecting muscles and nerves. If your skin has been burned, you may have one of these scars. Treatment for contracture scars consists of laser treatments or lining compression garments with silicone.
- Atrophic scars are indentation scars, the most common of these are acne scars. Treatments depend on the type of acne scar you have whether it is a deep pit or wavelike in appearance. Some options would be chemical peels, fillers, or skin needling. Our RejuvaSil silicone gel makes a wonderful treatment for acne scars as it is non-comedogenic and can be put onto the face.
Warnings & Precautions:
It is advisable to first consult your attending doctor before using this product during pregnancy or breast-feeding.
Consult your doctor or pharmacist first before applying Silicone SCAR GEL on top of another skin treatment
Silicone SCAR GEL must not be used on open wounds
Silicone SCAR GEL must not come into contact with mucous membranes
Avoid contact with the eyes
Keep out of reach of young children
Silicone SCAR GEL may, in exceptional cases, cause redness, pain or irritation of the skin. If hypersensitivity reactions occur, the treatment must be discontinued.
Silicone SCAR GEL can be used as soon as the wound has closed and healed. The more recent and newer the scar is (not older than 2 years), the easier it is to fade. There is a higher chance of seeing a clear reduction in the scar if the treatment is started as soon as possible. Existing (older) scars need a longer time before they show improvement. The duration of treatment depends on the scar. The best possible result is achieved by using the gel for at least 2 months for new scars and for at least 3-6 months for existing scars. The treatment may be continued until the scar causes no further problems.
RejûvaSil During the Day apply RejûvaSil 2-3 times to help maintain the healing environment. RejûvaSil also helps relieve itchiness and discomfort associated with scars.
Available in 10ml tube
Manufactured by Atlantic Medical Products – USA
Ask your pharmacist about RejûvaSil® Silicone Scar Gel.